1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

5th Metatarsal fracture and cast

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Lulu, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Lulu

Lulu Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi, I fractured my 5th metatarsal almost 2 weeks ago and have had a new cast last Friday. Yesterday I started getting cramp like symptoms in my calf (the one with the cast on). It is not too tight. I am a fitness instructor part time and wonder whether this is something to do with the calf muscle not being used? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Lulu sorry for your troubles. I had a comminuted avulsion fracture base 5th metatarsal. Within a month I started having cramps in my calf and on the muscles on the lateral side of my calf. I have since lost most of my calf muscle but all the muscles in my lower leg are tight. My fracture was complicated and it was 4 months before I had surgery. I don't know how your cramps feel but I felt things going on in different parts of my foot and leg at different times.
    It's sucks and 5th met fractures can be a pain in the butt, who knew!