1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

I need some answers

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by HURTSSOBAD, Dec 8, 2009.

1. HURTSSOBAD

HURTSSOBAD Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Two days before Thanksgiving a full liter of soda pop drop [from some height] on the top right side of my foot about an inch from my toes. I immediately began icing it, and taking 1600 milligrams of ibuprofen a day, because of the large egg-sized lump on it. I was able to walk on with some difficulty. November 30th I began developing another painful lump, and started having difficulty walking.

I went to my Doc on Friday, December 4th. She looked at it, froze it a bit and probed it with a small scalpel to see if anything would come out. She was not successful. She called ahead and sent me to emergency. They took an xray and found that nothing was broken. They gave me a nerve block in my foot, made an incision on the top of my foot, and removed a large hematoma.

There was a lot heavy pressing around the perimeter of the incision, and the resident flushed the wound out, and said it would be OK. They gave me some Bactrim, and said to take Ibuprofen. Well that is just not doing it. I can't walk at all now, and the the skin around the incision is as red as it was before removing the hematoma. Also, there is a horrible burning sensation, in addition to the pain.

The only thing I am able to do is hop to the bathroom. I did make an appointment with a foot doctor tomorrow, but honestly, I don't think I can take another needle in my foot.
    Is this normal for what they have done. I need to know when I can expect to get back to work. The way it is now, I just don't sse that. Have any answers?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

There is NOTHING normal about dropping a heavy object on ones foot or the consequences which might accrue. It is POSSIBLE that you have an infection or that you have suffered nerve or other soft tissue damage or in spite of being told otherwise that you have a fracture. It is not productive to speculate upon your progress without having examined your foot. But that's why you are going to see a doctor rather than calling one on the phone.