1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

protruding veins

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by angel04, Feb 6, 2010.

1. angel04

angel04 Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Why do my veins protrude on the top of my feet and ankles? This happen suddenly over the summer. Drs found no clots. Im so embarrassed to wear shoes that show off my feet. Im 43 female . What can I do???? Its really not attractive. Thank You

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    I can only offer generic possibilities which may have absolutely no bearing on your individual situation.
    1. There may be poor venous return for any one of a number of reasons, such as incompetent valves or obstruction.
    2. There may be exceptional arterial flow to the feet causing venous congestion
    3. There is really no subcutaneous fat on the dorsum of the feet, but the skin might be exceptionally thin.
    4. Strenuous use of muscles tends to increase arterial flow and subsequently engorge the veins as seen with bodybuilders.

3. angel04

angel04 Guest

Thanks...
    Maybe I should be more specific. The veins on top of my feet are blueish. they sometimes get engorged and then it looks really gross. I never had this issue before. I saw a foot dr. He actually said it was weird. My family dr sent me to a vascular dr. Who called it protruding veins from leg dependency. He did a doppler test found no clots. I was told to wear compression stockings and practice leg elavation. But now that warmer weather is coming I just wanna hide my feet Isnt there something I can do to hide the veins? Is this a health concern? Im very worried. Because no dr I have seen can give me an answer as to what these blue veins are on top of my feet that run up to my ankle. And I feel as i get older it will get worse...

4. Maz

Maz Guest

I had a similar problem.
    It turned out to be a blood condition called 'Antiphosphlipid syndrome' it is related to 'Lupus'
    If you think this may be your problem you could try to speak to the Lupus Unit at St Thomas Hospital, London.
    This would need blood tests to diagnose.
    I hope this may be of help
    Mazl

5. abartywer

abartywer Guest

Metronidazole - antibiotic

Let's return to a theme rnAlso that we would do without your remarkable idea rnLater I'll show you what a real great drugstore rnI confirm. And I have faced it. Let's discuss this question. Here or in PM. rnBye!