1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

nail lifting after ingrown toenail removal

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by koko09, Dec 2, 2009.

1. koko09

koko09 New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I had some ingrown toenails removed and it was not an easy decision. my toes hurted so bad i sould barely walk even barefooted. So i got the toe ingrown toenails removed and it was understood that the doc. would kill the root so the ingrown toes nails woild not grow back because they kept coming backanf i was going to be left with a narrow toes nail. I was fine with that woudl i did not know was that my nail was going to start lifting up and chipping of :eek::mad: so as of today i am left with a little "nub" of a toe nail on my great toes this hurts my soul so bad i love showing my feets in the summer with pretty color polish i can still do that but it just not the same is this normal to have the nail lift?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

If chemical destruction of the nail matrix was employed, it is not uncommon to have a result in which the nail is made narrower than perhaps anticipated. It is unclear to me as to what you mean by "lifting up." Surgery of any kind is in most case a trade off between what is and what will hopefully be better. Ingrown nails are treated to resolve recurring pain and infections, not appearance.