1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Help had fourth big toe fusion now major nerve problem!

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by hisbeauty4ashes, Jan 10, 2011.

1. hisbeauty4ashes

hisbeauty4ashes New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi friends.

I had four surgeries on my right foot in big toe.

I had no cartilage in my big right toe joint.

At first they tried to shave the bone area and it did not work so then an artificial joint was placed in the big toe. Within two years the artificial joint shifted and caused allot of pain. So the doctor and I decided to fuse it well we fused it but it did not take and so I got a second opinion and then I went with another doctor. Well what this other doctor did was he took bone from underneath my ankle and placed it in the big toe. Well I began to have no feeling on the right side of the top of my foot and it was all swollen and very painful. Here it is almost eight weeks and it is still swollen and it hurts to walk on it when you go to tough my toes on the right side it is numb and it shoots like electrical painful things through my foot.

Should I be concerned? My doctor in the beginning told me the nerve will calm down well it has not at all it seems worse now.

HELP!

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Yes, I think you should be concerned.