1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Is a osteochondral lesion of the distal tibia something that heals by it's self.

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by RMB, Jun 9, 2013.

1. RMB

RMB New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I had an MRI done for my left foot do to an injury that happened on Jan 2nd. The MRI stated that there is a high signal focal subchondral at the articular surface of the distal tibia which may represent osteochondral lesion.

Is this something that heals with time?

I also have a vertical split tear of the peroneus brevis tendon.

Can repairs be done at the same time?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Super Moderator

Usually they don't heal on their own ;-(

3. RMB

RMB New Member

Do you know if both injuries can be done at the same time? I've read a lot about the tendon but can't find a lot of info on the lesion. I see the podiatrist on Tuesday. I am familiarizing myself as much as possible to better understand what he says to me. I think it makes it easier for me and the doctor. I have gone to many different sites to confirm what is fact. :confused:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013