1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Lisfranc fracture

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by mishall, Aug 28, 2009.

1. mishall

mishall New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I'm a 43 yr. old man who had two screws place to fix my lisfranc fracture and I've been out of the cast for nearly one month. I have some pain not bad at all but by the end of the day my foot is pretty sore. I was told I might need some kind of arch support. My question is what would be the way to go or which ones work the best.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

You are currently under the care of a doctor who both performed your surgery and ostensibly advised you to obtain "some kind of arch support." Wouldn't you have proper expectations that the best source for determining the specific type of support you need would be the doctor whose care you are presently under and who suggested the devices?

This is yet another opportunity to at least ATTEMPT to teach a questioner how to fish rather than giving him a fish, and is perhaps more important than the answer to any specific question. You have doctors who are treating you folk, and they don't do it for free. You, or at least your insurance pay them well . . certainly TOO well if you have to then post on an Internet forum for case specific facts which they should have told you. Why are so many folks so reticent to obtain the necessary specifics of their care by direct conversation or sometimes confrontation with the very person who is actually legally and morally RESPONSIBLE to them and who they trusted enough to let them come at their body with a knife? Sure . . there's always some inane excuse, followed by vociferous indignation that I had the audacity to suggest that a patient of 43 years of age might actually get directly involved in his/her care with the person delivering it. But, MY GOD folks, why would anyone trust someone who is not privy to the facts and nuances of his/her case instead of the person actively delivering the care? PLEASE . . without the usual expressions of fury at having been told the truth explain that to me.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009