1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Foot turning black two weeks after surgery

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi,

I had surgery to remove screws from my foot 15 days ago. I had no bruising until day 12 when my the top on my foot started to turn black with a bruise. Is this normal for there to be such a delay in the bruise appearing or should I worry that it might be bleeding internally. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks,
    Caroline

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

It is normal for your foot to turn black after surgery, and it will for many weeks. I am 11 weeks past an Austin bunion surgery and mine still turns a bit blue. It is because - or so says the pt- ligaments, muscles, blood vessels are used to return blood back to the heart. After surgery it takes a bit of time for them to get back to normal so blood pools in the foot.