1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

swelling over top of left foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Annie, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Annie

Annie New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    A month or so ago, I had a swelling across the top of my right foot, which took a few weeks to subside, but now I have a similar swelling over the top of the left foot, and a very painful joint just below the big toe. Standing is painful, so is sitting, and the throbbing is no better throughout the night. I am not overweight, and am "painfully puzzled"

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Swelling and pain can be caused by far too many factors to draw any meaningful conclusions based only on the fact that you've had it twice.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi Annie,

Hope you are feeling better. Is the joint red & swollen. Gout is famous for attacking the hallux joint. It is a very painful attack. You need to see a doctor, If you are having these attacks often. Sometimes it is caused by certain foods. Always see a doc.
    Good luck

4. Annie

Annie New Member

Thank you - yes, I thought of gout, but my doc did a blood test last time and said no trace. Still swollen and very painful at base of big toe and swells across top during day. Following the same pattern as last time (other foot ) - next toe along now inflamed. Taking paracetamol, rubbing Ibuprofen gel on, but not a lot of relief

Thanks for posting Annie