1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

problem with healing blister

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Aquaciser, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Aquaciser

Aquaciser Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I am a college student currently enrolled in an aquacises class mondays and wednesdays. One monday, during class, I developed large (nearly nickel size) blisters on both my big toes. I made the poor decision to attend class the following wednesday, the blister on the left toe was opened further and began to bleed during class.

In the following five days both feet seemed to heal up just fine. Then, a few days later, I began experiencing a painful spot on the same big toe that began bleeding in the pool. I examined the painful spot and found it firm and painful to the touch. It was somewhat whitish in color, so I thought it was just another smaller blister near the site of the first. I popped it hoping that it would heal on its own and be no more of a nuisance. What has happened, is that it has not stoped weeping clear fluid and the site of firmness has grown slightly--almost seeming as if another has formed. Any ideas?

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I don't know what has happened with your blister but I wore a brand new pair of leather boots today for the whole day and now have a huge blister the size of a quarter on one of my heels. The skin has completely worn away and it is red and weeping. I trimmed the remaining dead skin from around the edges and am now wearing sandals. However it is still cold here in Italy as it is winter and I don't know how to make this blister heal quickly and wear shoes also. Help!!! I'm in pain! Should I put a padded bandage on my heel or not? And should I put any topical creams on it or not?

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I do ballet and in pointe class, I have been getting blisters on the side of my pinkie toes from the seam on my tights rubbing against my toe while I dance. The blister never got really big or filled with fluid. now it is broken, but it isn't open, I think the skin is jsut healing. It is still red, but the skin is hard. It is not raised at all- what is this? Will my blister come back?

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

aha! Could it be a callus? Am I answering my own question??