1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Ingrown Toenail Surgery Questions Please?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Taylorized, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Taylorized

Taylorized Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I had the phenol treatment done on both big toes. My right toe was done 3 weeks ago, both sides... the pain when the freezing came out was pretty bad... it throbbed for about 4 hours then just when to a pure burning/stinging pain. It was a little better the next day, but was still very sore and tender for the first week. My toe turned very red up towards the joint... and it started to peel like a sunburn and still is a little bit. It is much better now after 3 weeks but still a little red. But my other question is... I just had my left toe done this last saturday... and the pain was not as bad and seems to be less painful than the other one. It is only been what 4 days and the pain is minimal. Also the toe this time is hardly red.. just a little bit... not nearly as bad as the other foot. Also when he did my other foot I could smell the phenol when he put it on, this time I did not smell it. So my question is... did he apply too much on my other foot... or could he have perhaps not put enough on this one just done? How red should the toe be after? Sounds strange but I'm worried he may not have put enough on this one!

Thank you!

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Discuss your concerns with your doctor. There cannot possibly be any rationale for either comfort or concern on your part from having someone who wasn't present at your procedure offer answers to the specific questions you have asked.