1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Burning sensation from knee down

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Billie, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Billie

Billie New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi, I am new to the forum. I hope some one has experienced what I have and can point me to the right direction of healing or treatment.

I am 60, healthy and quite sporty. My feet are strong and I can walk great distance when fishing. I have no major illnesses and have not been in hospital ever. Lucky I guess. I am at the border line in blood suger (under 7 in reading), no high blood pressure, and mildly anemic. I do have years of untreated athletic feet (since it didn't bother me much).

But for the last 10 years or so I have a strange burning sensation from my knee down, that the skin doesn't like any pressure on it, including any socks and shoes. The skin at the top of the feet around the ankle is particularly bad. It has an intense feeling when wrapped in socks for any duration. Cold days or air-conditioning is also bad for it. I at first thought it is numbness due to coldness, but the feet is not necessarily cold to the touch and I can feel my fingers when I poke the feet with them. Sitting down long also bad for it.

The best time is in hot weather like Hawaii, in shorts and sandle. Then the feet feel perfectly normal. What can cause my condition? Any suggestion for treatment? Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

Billie

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

I would recommend your seeing a neurologist for evaluation.