1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Pain Following Path of Veins

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    On my right foot when I have been up on my feet for a good part of the day I find that my foot becomes extremely painful. It seems go along the top of my foot, following the path of my veins, starting at the level just above my ankle and down to just above my toes. If I go to point my toes it gets much worse and actually feels as though my veins are being stretched beyond their capability to be stretched causing even more pain. There is no discoloration to my foot or numbness. There is no edema. I do not have diabetes. I am disabled with severe almost daily migraine headaches and live a virtually sedentary life and this problem has bothered me for years but recently became much much worse. I have very narrow feet and so my shoes are never too tight. I wear arch supports in my shoes. Lately I have also found that I have been waking up sometimes 3-4 times a night with terrible foot cramps.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    If you truly think that it is the veins that are the source of your pain, it is essential that you have this evaluated at once. But, especially as there is no swelling, it may be that you are just using the direction of the veins for a landmark description of the general location and direction of the pain. In that case, pain elicited by pointing of the toes would be more commonly associated with tendonitis. Frankly, though, owing to the fact that you say that this problem has been going on for years, and you sometimes have severe symptoms several times a night, and you make no mention of ever hading had a professional evaluation for it, and you relate nothing that you have every been able to do to mitigate the problem, don't you think it's about time you saw a doctor if this is something of true concern to you? As I so often point out, forums such as this are not appropriate venues for offering meaningful diagnoses on which effective treatment might be advised and instituted. But once you have a professional diagnosis by hands-on evaluation, this may be a valuable source for increasing your general knowledge of that diagnosis and the ranges of treatment available.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I too have the same problem with my foot. It is very painful every day. I take ibuprofin every day in case it is inflammation. I ice it and it feels better for a little while. I put Ben Gay on it and it feels better for a little while. I try Aspercreme and it feels better for a little while. I wake up every morning with my painful foot. The pain runs across the top of my arch right exactly where the "path of veins" is. Sometimes the pain reaches high up my arch from that same vein. I have gone to two doctors. The first one said I must have sprained my foot, but I didn't. The second medical doctor didn't have any idea what was causing this awful pain along the veins, top of my foot. It's so frustrating. Would welcome any feedback. suzannemork@yahoo.com

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I am relieved that other people also have this exact symptom...I thought I must be crazy...I haven't seen a doctor yet, but as I was just awoken with the burning in my feet's 'veins' or wherever it really is, I thought I'd search the internet...Not finding any solutions or answers, so i guess it's off to the Dr. I'm sorry you are also feeling this horrible pain, hopefully we will all find anwers. Do you also get toe cramps? I do and think maybe they are related...I don't know.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Im a yoga instructor and have found the pos Vipariti Karani VERY effective in curing leg cramps, circulation problems etc.. in the legs and feet.

Lay on your back with a pillow or towel under the hips, and leg straight up against the wall is easier. 15mins minimum every night. It will change your life!

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I also have this pain it is the worst the veins on my feet actually will be sticking up i know when i will have an episode because the veins will start raising up..... i hope that we can all get some relief

7. Nana23

Nana23 Guest

Yes thats why i'm on the internet right now because I too have the same problem. It really hurt most when the veins are swollen and very painful. I have'nt been to the doctor yet but will be making an appointment next week because now it hurt when I put my shoe on. I hope I can find out what this problem is. Good Luck!

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hello all, I am experiencing the same pain on my left foot. The vein seems swollen when the pain is worst and usually I've been up and about for a while when it starts to hurt. Now this is strange and I don't know if anyone else has felt this before but sometimes when I'm in the bed the sheets and blanket just touching that foot will hurt but more like a sensitive feeling. My pain is on the path of the vein that near the ankle bone and goes toward the top of my foot but not all the way to the top of foot. If anyone finds out anything about what this could be, please post. I have seen a podiatrist for plantar fasciatis and this pain, but with no results. Help!

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi! I too have foot pain in my arches and on top by the veins. First of all, I am on my feet all day at work and the second I take my shoes off my feet hurt. I have low arches and I found great shoes for myself that made a world of a difference. The way I know that I know I need new shoes is when my feet start to hurt. Well it is time for new shoes. Aside from new shoes, the thing I do every night is sleep with a pillow under my feet. If the pillow is cool it helps the immediate pain on the surface of the skin. When I wake up my feet don't hurt in the morning because of the pillow. So for me, its time for new shoes with HIGH arch support and I perfer to buy them 1 1/2- 2 sizes to big. I know that sounds dramatic but, it helps me to have room, or my feet hurt more. I plan too do that excersize with my leg against the wall. I hope my point of view helps someone!

10. Hello, I also have pain on the outside of right foot in the vein area in front of ankle. I can not have anything touching it when it flares up. That can be anytime even thru the night. Also when I move my foot it also hurts. And the left foot hurts also but not as bad as the right.

11. bepam.net

bepam.net New Member

thank you................................