1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

1 week on....

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    so, i have a history of ankle weakness and multiple sprains and ligament problems. pretty much every 3-6 months i would suffer some ankle injury but have had nothing for over a year despite playing soccer on average 3 times a week... imagine this had strengthened my ankles.

1 week ago today suffered what i imagined to be another ankle sprain, although i heard 2 'clacking' noises upon falling. i immediately elevated the foot with ice compressions etc. swelling was, as always, enormous, with rainbow like bruising, but unusually on both sides of the ankle (medial and lateral??). 1 week on as i say and the swelling is lessened, the bruising has gone almost completely but i have a serious ammount of pain on the inside of my ankle just above the bone and reaching down my foot a few cm's... but no swelling there. feels a little like my foot isnt on straight... aches so much and this aching lessens greatly if i push the foot outwards.

any advice??

regards. (haven't been to a doctor as i am doing volunteer work in Nicaragua and have no money or insurance =(...)

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Would you honestly be unwise enough to trust the advice of a doctor who would be irresponsible enough to, without benefit of even the most basic of examination, offer you anything but the first-aid advice which you have already employed, knowing full well that you are in a third-world country with the stated inability to seek professional medical help, and knowing that you will likely act upon such shoot-from-the-hip advice. You are really asking a doctor to breach his/her oath to first do no harm. If, on the other hand, you are soliciting the advice of a non-professional, you are even MORE foolish.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

ouch!!! wow... that hurts more than the afore mentioned foot!!!!!
    and there was i thinking that 'foot health forum' would have to do with feet... if i had wanted to be reprimanded for a lack of understanding regarding medical practice procedure i would have gone to the 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....' forum. despite the agressive nature of your response i thank you none the less and have taken from this that i would be best served seeking the 'actual physical' assistance of a qualified doctor. my mistake and i apologize for any and all offense my un-responsible attitude has caused you. regarding whether i would act upon any advice given either here or from a non-professional i think you would be best served sticking to 'feet' and not pretend to judge me or my actions for having 'dared' to solicite advice or opinions in your forum. you cannot know from 1 post my state of mind or how i will react in any given situation and it seems apparent that analysis of human behavior is not really your field.
    all said and done we got off on the wrong 'foot'(haha) and i wish you and your fledgling career in psychology the best. i will continue slaving away in the 3rd world for the greater good with a clear conscience regarding my place in this world but probably crippled because of my irresponsible attitude.

regards.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

It is truly unfortunate that you refuse to see the forest for the trees. The advice I gave you had nothing to do with a phsychological analysis, but merely a questioning of your judgment. In the stead of a blind guess, I would deem it far more of value for you to reconsider your willingness to possibly compound your situation by acting on advice, as surely you are prepared to do, from someone both unknown to you and who knows nothing about the specifics of your injury or its degree of severity. If, as you stated, you have no other access to medial treatment, it does not take a psychic or clairvoyant to know that you are prepared to act on such solicited advice whether appropriate or not. Good medicine can often help, but bad medicine can hurt. I don't know what you volunteered to do or what your motives were in doing so, and frankly, that is not a consideration in giving advice. Even had you been Mother Teresa, the same advice would be appropriate.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

what forrest, what trees???? seriously, get over yourself! did my previous post not clearly state that i had taken from your previous response that i would be best served visiting an actual 'physical' medical proffesional?????!!!!! did you even bother to read it before 'jumping in' once more with your ridiculous and frankly childlike chastising of my person?

sir (madam?? -pre-menstrual??? - that would explain everything!), i once more thank you for the 'advice' (??!) you gave me, but also advise you again not to presume to judge the actions of others or how or when they will react, based on some random forum post.

also if you are soliciting posts and require the participation of others in your forum, use it as a chance to help and advise and not to, 1) fuel your obviously inflated ego and 2) use it as an oportunity to flex your gramatical muscles.

regards, the cripple.
    (actually not... sought medical attention (as per your advice) and am on the road to recovery... enjoyed the view of the forrest and the trees as i passed by!!!)

6. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

what forrest, what trees???? seriously, get over yourself! did my previous post not clearly state that i had taken from your previous response that i would be best served visiting an actual 'physical' medical proffesional?????!!!!! did you even bother to read it before 'jumping in' once more with your ridiculous and frankly childlike chastising of my person?
    ------------------
    APPARENTLY you STILL can't see the forest for the trees. The IMPORTANT response was that you are and were foolish in even attempting to obtain advice on treatment of a trauma which can only safely be made after a hands-on examination. To have you then complain about my having thus chastised you into making an appropriate decision is testimony to the fact that you still don't get it.

but also advise you again not to presume to judge the actions of others or how or when they will react, based on some random forum post.
    -------------------------------
    ONE of the reasons that forums are appropriate only for general advice is that the only things the responder knows about you are derived from the words you use. If you wish to be seen in a fashion other as represented by the words used, then it is up to you to chose your words more appropriately.

also if you are soliciting posts and require the participation of others in your forum, use it as a chance to help and advise and not to, 1) fuel your obviously inflated ego and 2) use it as an oportunity to flex your gramatical muscles.
    --------------------------
    THIS is not my forums. I do not solicit posts. I do not require participation of others in this forum. It is virtually impossible to anonymously inflate ones ego. If you mean that my responses are well-worded, I take no offense to that.

regards, the cripple.
    (actually not... sought medical attention (as per your advice) and am on the road to recovery... enjoyed the view of the forrest and the trees as i passed by!!!)
    --------------------------
    FINALLY complaining about perceived style over substance in a forum where you solicited and received an appropriate recommendation is proof of your failure to see the forest for the trees. I can only conclude that, indeed, no good deed goes unpunished. Get over YOUR ego and just express your thanks for my free and correct advice without all of the your other attendant complaints.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

...i once more thank you for the 'advice' (??!) you gave me, but also advise you again not to presume to judge the actions of others or how or when they will react, based on some random forum post....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting that you chose not to comment on this part of my post which was, if you can see the forrest for the trees, my bug bare from the beggining...

as you stated in a previous reply there was never any intention on your part to psychoanalyze me but you also stated that your position was one of judgement... something I am sure you would agree is not the right of any human being, ESPECIALLY WHEN BASED ON A RANDOM SOLICITATION FOR FREE ADVICE...

again... what you fail to comprehend, despite your obvious if slightly error prone eloquence, is that i wouldn't have neccesarily have acted upon any advice received... for instance if some supposed 'hack' advised me to run in front of a bus do you honestly, from way up on your interlectual pedestal, think i would do it, despite the fact it would undoubtedly relieve me of my foot condition given the likelyhood of death?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLOOOOOOO????? ANYONE THERE????????? be big enough to admit you mistakes in pre-judging another human being (especially based on the slim pickings in the original post!!) as i have been in admitting i was foolish to not have visited a doctor before. can you do that???? will your ego allow it?????!!!! questions, questions....

or... do you in fact believe yourself to be an equal of god and therefore with the right to judge others?

just something to consider...

(by the way... given my absolute belief in my being completely with reason regards my standpoint i can do this forever.. it's kinda fun trying to save another from delusions of self importance!!!!!)

8. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

My judgment now, after being exposed to MORE than a mere snippet of your postings, is that you're a certifiable nut . . a fact which no further discussion will change. Go rant at someone else. There will be no further responses to you from me.

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

To unregistered, the foot quack believes himself to be SUPERIOR to god

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

ohhhhhhh.... come on foot doc... don't throw your toys out of the pram!!!! are you taking your ball and going home?? not inviting me to your birthday party?

well sir... if I am a certifiable nut-job i can safely say i wasn't until i found myself subjected to your ridiculous, self assuming foot forum and your impressive if slightly error prone eloquence....

this time i will "see the wood for the trees" and with immediate effect seek the help of a qualified health proffesional...

whilst i am at it would you like me to ask him what it means that you are unable to admit your mistakes, and that you insist (as previously cited) on judging others (you said it buddy!!!!)???

don't thank me... free medical advice etc etc... oh and i am sooooo sorry that my ramblings have produced other poor saps who have obviously been 'advised' / judged (???) by you. how many will now be appearing from the woodwork? this poor guy thinks you are more powerful than god!!!! holy smokes!! guess i got away lightly huh??!!!

anyway... please don't cut me off... this forum thread could prove crucial to my therapy!!!!

11. igneous

igneous New Member

Don't worry about it....do what you can to get the swelling down and limit movement as much as possible (just remember R-I-C-E). How much longer until you get back to the states to see a real doc...or at least to a city that has one!? Not much else to do since doc will probably make you wait until swelling subsides. Remember this--the decisions you make over the next month or so will possibly determine your foot health for a long time.