1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

small hard bump (and more on the way) on side of left foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello! I'm very thankful to have found this site. Perhaps a week ago I noticed some roughness on the left side of my left foot. A few days ago I discovered a hard bump. At first it didn't really hurt, then within the next day or two there was dull pain, and now it feels like walking on a blister. I had been wearing comfortable flip flops that never gave me any problems before, and I tried wearing sneakers today and it hasn't seemed to help. I have been putting body butter and lotion with aloe and vitamin E on my foot in generous amounts each night, but the problem only appears to worsen. Tonight I discovered some smaller bumps by my heel that weren't there before. They feel like my big bump did last week.

I have been looking for information on the web, and I'm not sure if it is a corn or maybe contagious warts that I got from using a new shower? The bump is about two and a half inches from the bottom of my foot, and a quarter of an inch wide. It's on the side - but more on the bottom - of my foot, its hard, and there is a white spot that isn't exactly in the middle but close. It looks like that white spot is surrounded by inflamed skin. It hurts slightly now even when I don't put pressure on it. I live in the United States, and I know I should consult my physician but my insurance just ran out and I am a college student who cannot afford the bill! Any information on what this could be, and what I can do about it (and the smaller bumps) would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

It could be lots of different lesions, all of which might require radically different treatment. Guesses might be cheaper for you initially, but might be more expensive in the long run, both in continued pain and progression of your problem. Consider spending some of your limited funds just as you would for ANY other thing or service that is important to you.