1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

hurt my foot tying my shoe?!!?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    About a week ago I was putting on my crosstrainer before my aerobics class, but I hadn't untied my shoe completely and I was trying to just wedge it on real quick...needless to say I ended up with this shooting pain that starts on the tendon (?) on the top front of my ankle and ends about midcalf, but on the inside of my leg. I thought I just pulled something, and maybe I did, but it is killing me! When I point my toe, push on it, or even rub the top of my foot...it shoots pain up and down. I guess my question is: should i see a dr? It goes away with IB but it's been a week...I stopped working out but dont want to be sitting around for long!

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    Without a hands-on evaluation and examination, it's just a guess, but you may have traumatized the rather superficial and relatively unpadded sensory nerves on the dorsum of the mid-foot, although these nerves are a continuation of a nerve which course on the lateral aspect (outside) of the lower leg rather than the inside (medial aspect) of the leg where you report pain. So, as your stated symptoms may be inconsistent with the anatomy, I cannot draw any real conclusions. All conditions either get better, worse or stay the same, so I cannot tell you with any certainty that you MUST see a doctor rather than waiting if it is improving, but I can't see how seeing a competent doctor would hurt, especially if improvement is slow or not at all.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thanks, I think I will see a dr about it - I put my (regular) sneaker on today and the pain was excruciating! I had to wear sandals instead. The pressure of the shoe made the pain shoot up to about an inch below my knee and putting weight on the foot was almost unbearable. Once the shoe was off, the pain subsided. Very strange. Thanks for the response. I'll try to remember to post what the doctor tells me once I go.