1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

after hammer toe surgery

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by angelica, Nov 1, 2008.

1. angelica

angelica New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    about 3 years ago i had hammer toe surgery and bunion surgery at the same time. tho it took a longtime to heal and be able to wear regular shoes, im happy with the results of the bunion toe, but not so with the hammer toe that as a result of having removed the knuckle it looks deformed with the bone protuding on one side and also causes even more pain than before when stressed to walk. i would like to know what are my options now since i dont like to go thru all the pain of surgery and recovery. i had done just one foot and hoping to do the other one later but i dont dare to try again. :(

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    More specifics about the current deformity and its history would need to be known in order to meaningfully answer your question. Do you recall if the toe was EVER completely straight after your surgery? If it was, one would have to determine what then likely caused the present deformity before a treatment plan could be formulated. If, on the other hand, it was not properly corrected from the get-go, a revisionary procedure would likely be required. As is often is the case, your desire for answers seems to pre-suppose that your situation is routine, rather than an individual complication with likely unique characteristics which requires a hands-on evaluation and x-rays for an accurate response. Once again, I remind posters that specific solutions to individual problems cannot be reasonably expected on forums where physical examinations as well as the obtaining of complete, medical-quality details are not possible.