1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

sharp pain in my right big and small toe

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by rotweiller, May 17, 2010.

1. rotweiller

rotweiller New Member

A few weeks ago while getting into bed and straightening my right feet under the blanket, I suddenly got this sharp pain run through my big toe. It was so painfull that I almost jump out of bed. Its been happening alot and seem to happen only when my leg is staright and feet as well. Upon feeling my toe, there some sort of numbness and now its happening to my small toe in the right feet as well. I have read the threads of other users and it the same thing they are experiencing. When I sit down on the couch and stretch out my leg and manipulate my small and big toe in straightening motion, I feel this sharp pain. I dont feel anything when waling or running or riding my bicylce. Can you please advise me what I should do. I dont want to end going to a GP only to be told it will go away. At time when dressing up and putting my trouser or sock on the pain suddenly appears and seems to only happen whe I straighten me toes or in a certain way.

What should I do or where should I go to sort this problem out. I am almost 40 this year. I have always been very active, got a black belt in Shotokan Karate when I was 16 and stopped Karate when I was 20. Although I still havent stopped doing the stretching excercises. I paly all kinds of sport;tennis, cycling, volley ball, table tennis, squash etc. I havent done any of these for the last year or so.

Please help and advise me.