1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Neuropathy and orthotics

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Nan, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Nan

Nan Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello - I have a real dilemma. I have neuropathy (had all the tests to confirm why and nothing unusual found) and VERY hyper-sensitive soles of my feet. (Also nerve conduction tests negative..)

I need to wear orthotics for my high arches and plantar fasciitis, and yet, ANY orthotics I have been prescribed bother my feet tremendously. How can I get the structural and biomechanical correction I need without the "hard" orthotics. I have been prescribed semi-rigid orthotics, with layers of soft material, yet they are too "hard". Thanks for your thoughts. Have been in a lot of pain with this for many years....

2. Windbreaker

Windbreaker New Member

I have the same problem. I have found the thick sole New Balance shoe #1123MC accompanied with the Pedor insert to give me great relief. The shoe is specially made to accomodate the thick Pedor insert without causing pain on top of the foot. I also order the extra-wide shoe to give my toes extra room. I have used this combination for over 8 years with very good sucess. Good luck! You can find both the shoe and insert on the internet at their individual websites. Just use google.