1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

swollen foot is painful

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by health worries, May 25, 2010.

1. health worries

health worries New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I'm a 38yr female overweight by 30 lbs. I have not had an injury or situation that would have caused the issues with my feet.

Issue: For the past eight months I've been having painful swelling and numbness in both my feet (particularly right foot). The swelling has stayed consistent but there have been changes in the symptoms. For example the numbness was present for about the first five months and occurred at night while in bed. Now I am having pain in my right arch and big toe (read below).

Single incident: About seven months ago after a lot of walking, I had severe shooting pain under my right knee. A couple of veins on the inner knee seemed to have "popped' and are now visible.

On going: Today the tingling seems to have gone away but now the big toe on my right foot is extremely painful. It feels like my toe needs to be cracked (like cracking your knuckles). I am also experiencing pain on my right arch and pain going up from my foot to the front of my knee on both sides of the bone.

I'm concerned since I have had no injury but the swelling and pain have continued.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Though it won't be what you want to hear, bear with me as I give you some real advice as how one might deal with your problem. Sorry, but I simply can't get any more serious about your complaints than you seem to be. I would think that anyone who had numbness in his/her feet for 8 months and multiple other problems and were REALLY concerned, he/she would have long-ago seen a doctor about it. How many more months of problems are you willing to have before getting serious about seeing if something can be done for it? You are not going to get answers by searching or posting on the Internet, and even if you did get a correct guess at a diagnosis, what would you do then? Forums are not for the purpose which seems to be assumed by your question. If you don't believe this, try calling a doctor and offer to pay for such information over the phone and I'll bet he/she will not venture a guess without seeing you. This is not a non-answer. It's the best advice you're going to get.

Last edited: May 26, 2010