1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Never dreamed there was a.....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ohmyachinfeet, Jun 4, 2011.

1. ohmyachinfeet

ohmyachinfeet New Member

Foot Health Forum, wish I'd have found it years ago. I'm a 52 yo RN. I've had multiple foot surgeries and a long list of foot conditions. Everything from bilateral plantar fasciotomy, osteotomies, hammer toe surgery, DJD, osteoarthritis, synovitis, great toe implant and finally, last week ORIF Left lateral malleolus/fibula due to a comminuted fracture and toe implant removal with fusion and auto graft.
    I've had success with all procedures except that joint implant, oh what a nightmare from day one. Now my only hope is that this fusion will have a positive outcome. I've rejected cadaver bone and metal implants in the past. I'm truly crossing my fingers and saying my prayers after that great toe implant experience. The darn thing dislodged, surgeon said the screws were in there just spinning. I've got alot of years of work ahead of me and fear these feet are gonna put me down before my time. I'm 7 days post-op right now, using a roller aid for ambulation. The surgical sites that have the plates and screws are really sore as well as the heel from the auto graft. It's so hard for others to understand if they've not dealt with chronic foot problems. Nice to meet ya'll!