1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Ankle sprain

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by shellyhead1979, Jan 29, 2012.

1. shellyhead1979

shellyhead1979 New Member

About 3 weeks ago my brother was goofing around with me and picked me up to drop me on the couch, well on the way down my toe caught on the couch cushion and I was unable to straighten my foot out before i landed. Basically it was like I was pointing my toe into the couch and most of my weight landed on it, there was a popping noise to go along with it. There wasn't much swelling, some slight bruising, and I could put weight on it. I immediately started doing the RICE thing, I even bought a really nice brace for it. I did go to the doctor and had an xray and she said just an ankle sprain and should be better in 2-3 weeks. Well, three weeks into it the pain is getting worse, and it is getting harder to do my ABC's (I can only make it to G before the pain and stiffness prevents me from continuing.) I also noticed some more bruising showing up and some swelling here and there. Has anyone else had this issue? Should I go back to the doctor or should I wait longer and learn to be more patient.