1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Sprained ankle three years ago and now I have ankle pain out of no where

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by needfoothelp, Sep 12, 2011.

1. needfoothelp

needfoothelp New Member

I hurt sprained my ankle about three years ago hiking. When I twisted it I heard a pop noise. I had no choice but to walk off the mountain on my ankle. When I got into the car my foot was the size of baseball and very black and blue. The company I worked for at the time had forgot to processes my insurance information so it was about three days till I could go to my doctor. When I saw my doctor he took xrays nothing was broken. he aslo gave me a wrap for my foot. It took over 4 months for the swelling to go down. I went to foot doctor and they took xrays again and nothing was broken, they put me in a boot. Finally my foot got better and about a year later I sprained it again and did not have health insurance so I did not see a doctor and let it heal. A while later I went to physical therapy and started working out again. Everything has been fine for the past two years I have been running on and off. This May I was running about 6 miles 4 times a week with new shoes. Everything was fine. I stopped running when it started to get hot outside. I have started strength training and running again. Recently my ankle started to hurt. It hurts when I step on clothes I have left on the floor. I went for a 4 mile run yesterday it hurt at first and then stopped hurting. Now it hurts more today. No swelling. My peroneal tendon does hurt and right under the lateral malleous. They never took a MRI just xrays I have no clicking. Could I still have torn a peroneal tendon? Does anyone know what my issue could be?