1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

My feet ALWAYS hurt

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Michelle Johnson, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Michelle Johnson

Michelle Johnson New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    The balls of my feet most always hurt. From what I can tell, the pain is in the sesamoid area of the number 2 toe on both feet. I have not had any recent injuries to my feet. The pain has gotton worse in the last 8 to 10 years. I wear a variety of shoe types, and heals only on occasion. I have tried every metatarsal pad offered at the drug or shoe store. Is there something serious going on? I do have very high arches and I do not really work out. Please Help.
    Michelle

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    Sesamoids are present only under the first metatarsal. High arched feet typically cause inordinate weight-bearing on the metatarsal heads. You may also have an unduly short first metatarsal or long second, either of which would cause a weight shift on to the second metatarsal head. I would recommend that you have an assessment by an experienced podiatrist including a biomechanical evaluation.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  3. geeks

geeks New Member

Hello, Michelle,

As the Foot Doc said, it's always important to have these things checked out by a real podiatrist, but I'm wondering if you've lost some fat from your metatarsal pads. Your feet sound a lot like mine--I have high arches and have pain in the same area.

Sometimes I do better in Earth Shoes, since they take the weight off the balls of the feet. Silipos padded socks have helped me some, too. You can find them on-line. They have a layer of silicon in the soles which helps with the shock of walking. They look a little goofy, but at this point I'd wear flippers if it helped.

Good luck to you!

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have constant pain between the second and third toe underneath. The GP said it is Morton's Neuroma which is often caused by wearing too high heels or ill-fitting shoes-guilty of the first! It is basically a trapped nerve I think. Hope this helps