1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Jones Fracture

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by tmells, Jun 11, 2010.

1. tmells

tmells New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    In Feb 2010 I stepped on a rock & the end result was a jones fracture to my right foot. Fortunately several months of using a bone stimulator & wearing the ortho boot has the foot healing very well. I'm a little leary about the proper work shoes now.
    My question is this... any suggestions as to a particular shoe that would be best to wear for awhile?
    I am 47 years young, am a full time E.R. nurse, work 12 hour shifts, very active at home with landscaping & our nursery/greenhouse and am blessed with 8 grandchildren that we have over at every opportunity (11yr,6yr,5yr,5yr,4yr,2yr,1yr, 2mo). So, as one can see, I'm a busy girl!
    Your suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thank You

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

A well-healed fracture should have no more propensity to re-fracture than would a never fractured bone, and I can't see that one brand or type of nurse's work shoe would afford better protection against future fractures than another.