1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

unable to find shoes

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have been searching for over 6 months for shoes. I was having severe foot pain and a trip to podiatrist revealed no issues other than having wore my old shoes to long.
    I have been measured by several quality shoe stores and found that toe to heel is 11 1/2 to 12 depending on socks and heel to arch is around 13. Most shoes feel like the arch support starts to much towards the heel and doesn't extend far enough to the toes.
    Have purchased insole with metatarsal pad (podiatrist had put one in my old shoes) but again it starts to far back towards the heel.
    I have tried 12 to 12 1/2 merrel, new balance, propet, clark and numerous other brands. only shoe that felt ok when I tried them on was a pair of Clarks 13 but there was enough room infront of my toes they felt like clown shoes. Any ideas?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Shoe manufacturers make shoes on lasts which they create and which they believe will fit the majority of feet. If your feet are of a proportion which is unusual, and you want a shoe to fit that foot, you will either have to, by trial and error, find a manufacturer which uses a last close to the proportions of your foot or have your shoes custom made. This procedure is no different than one who has an unusual body shape finding clothing that fits properly, except for the fact that poorly fitting shoes can be painful.