1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Severe ankle sprain swelling won't go down

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I sprained my ankle 8 days ago it is still swollen 4x it's normal size it has my entire foot to the point I can't even move my toes and now my toes the sides of my feet and the top is turning purple with an odd green to old bruise yellow tinge and I have what looks like spider veins appearing along my shin and calf muscle what is this it has been longer than a week is it dangerous?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

It's your body saying, "Get me to a doctor."

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

My apology I should have added I was actually in and had xrays taken within 2 hrs of the injury. Followed all directions were followed but the swelling is still at or above what it was over a week ago.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    Come on now. You say your foot is swollen 4 times its normal size. I doubt that it is actually the case, but certainly you are describing severe swelling. I know nothing about what you have sustained and don't know how much swelling you had initially or how much might be reasonably expected. But apparently there WAS a doctor who examined you and made an assessment of the injury, even if it was just in an ER. It is he/she who should be either called or returned to. Forums are not a substitute for common sense.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I do agree and will be there with bells on in the am I was actually looking for a what is possible and as far as the swelling it is actually documented from 4min after and every 15 min then on I am an incureable shutter bug (well digital anymore) thank you and my wife does also she is down to letting me know about every 10 min that she told me this two days ago instead of every 30 seconds like she was.

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I know this has been some time since this happened but I also have been having swelling for over 4 month in the foot from a accident. Xray show signs of bone healing but foot still swollen. How long does one need to have the foot up in the air for the swelling to go down. Does it have to be soaked with warm water and epsom salts and how long? I am dealing with VA practising doctors in Gainesville and it is very difficult in getting to communicate with them. They just do not keep on top of things at all. No follow up calls to see how things are going or anything. I might end up with one less foot if this keeps up. What did you find out about your swelling of foot?