1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Non-injury foot pain - can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi there,

My foot pain started yesterday morning when I got up. I did some brief reflexology using a plastic ball covered in little spikes, which seemed to help it ease. I then shopped for most of the day, and when I got home the pain was much worse. I was also wearing a pair of shoes relatively new but pretty comfortable, with a slight heel. I did two more sessions of reflexology, again with some improvement short-term however the pain returned not long afterward.

Yesterday evening I started applying ice and elevating the foot, both which still help but the pain is not going away for good. It feels best when I am lying down. I can only walk for short periods, as any pressure on the foot is painful. I can only stand for a minute or so, and when I sit down there is a mild throbbing. Anti-inflammatory gels don't seem to do much.

The pain is chiefly on the sole of the foot above the heel, and it moves around toward the inside ankle. There is some mild swelling just beneath the ankle. There was no precipitating injury as I indicated above, and I have had no previous injuries or conditions to this foot. I don't have a history of arthritis or diabetes, don't smoke or anything. I have chronic pain from a long-standing back condition. It doesn't feel like a heel spur - I have had these before and they don't last this long.

Any ideas? Should I be doing anything more than the basic home treatment I've been doing?

Regards,
    Steph.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

There is a cause of and diagnosis for any medical problem. Whether that cause and/or diagnosis can be discovered is another matter. But unless one or both is known, it would be spurious to suggest that you should or should not be doing anything particular other than avoiding the measures which elicit the problem if known and obtaining a hands-on evaluation from an appropriate doctor if the symptoms persist and they bother you sufficiently.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Steph,

Have you found any cause or relief? I woke up this am with a simular pain.thanks,
    jm

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

my daughter woke up yesterday with this pain too - any ideas what it is