1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Left Big Toe has persistent pain...

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by lou, Oct 12, 2008.

1. lou

lou New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have a persistent pain in my left big toe. As I walk it occassionally feels as though it is out of socket, and until I gently pop the toe it will hurt to walk or I feel it may break right then... I dont know why this toe has pain and when gentle pressure is applied to its side the pain radiates to the ball of the toe... I have had it xrayed, no breaks, and have asked my chiropractor, he says its not gout? I dont know what to do about the pain should I consider if its artheritis? Any ideas? Thanks in advance....

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Seems to me that if you have a foot problem, you would want to consult a podiatrist or an orthopedist who specifically specializes in treatment of feet rather than a chiropractor, whose main forte, to my knowledge, is the so-called "adjustment" of the spine, I believe in an attempt to address supposed nerve induced problems. Your complaint requires a knowledgeable hands-on examination, and cannot be meaningfully diagnosed based upon your statement of what you attribute the cause of the adverse sensation to be like.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  3. Feebie

Feebie Guest

I'm having exaclty the same problem. It started this morning and the pain's still there especially when I give pressure on my left big toe. Occassionally, when I walk. The pain is from the base to the tip of the big left toe. I doubt it's a gout as I'm not having the symptoms of gout. Did you go see podiatrist or orthopedist as the foot doc recommanded? If so, how your pain is been diaognised? If you could share your experience, I will greatly appreciate. Thanks.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

As your question is address to the original poster, I think it unlikely that you will get a response from him/her, as he/she posted almost two years ago.