1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Lump on the outside of my right foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    i have a hard lump ( feels like a bone ) on the outside of my right foot and it is just where my little toe starts and sticks out quite abit. I play football and i cant even put my boot on as its sticking out that much and rubs against the boot, it hurts putting pressure on it walking and running. Does anyone no what it could be?

Thanks

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    You could very well be speaking of a tailor's bunion. If that is the case, it is a very common foot ailmen, and if discomfort is not satisfactorily relieved by padding and/or shoe selection, relatively simple surgery to remodel the bone or a slightly more complicated osteotomy procedure to redirect the metatarsal if needed is available. Alternatively, it could be a tumor mass or a corn. But I certainly cannot make a definitive diagnosis over the Internet and without even a picture, so see a podiatrist for an evaluation.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have tried pads but it doesnt seem to help much, especially cause im very active. What is a podiatrist? and can i go to my general doctor to get it examined?

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    In decades of practices and having treated thousands of patients, I have NEVER seen a ganglionic cyst in the location identified by the questioner. As I previously pointed out, based on what was offered, the most likely impression would be a tailor's bunion, with lesser likely diagnoses possibly being a corn or a tumor mass, but not likely a ganlionic cyst

5. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Where along the fictional Cahulawassee River in the remote Georgia wilderness, as featured in the 1972 film "Deliverance," do you reside? Your general doctor may never have seen a foot without a sock on it. I would look up Podiatrists in the phone book if your area has phone service yet.

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

7. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Ah . . So I DID nail your locale