1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Bruise or discoloration on soles of feet...no pain

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by vhope00, Nov 23, 2008.

1. vhope00

vhope00 New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I sometimes have problems with overpronation (sp) on both feet, have had gastric by-pass surgery 2 yrs. ago, lost over 100lbs. I have not had any foot pain in quite awhile, but have noticed over last 1 month, that I have sporadic areas of discoloration only on the soles of my feet. The areas are not painful at all and at first glance appears my feet are splotchy with dirt or dye. :confused: Any ideas or suggestions would sooooo be appreciated. I do not have high blood pressure, diabetes. I do have bronchitis and sometimes suffer from migraines.

Thanks,
    vhope00

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    I cannot see how the issues of excessive pronation, gastric bypass, weight loss, bronchitis or migraines are at all helpful in discerning a diagnosis of your complaint, and a diagnosis would be the first and crucial step in offering to you the meaningful ideas which you request. There is clearly not enough information to even make a substantive guess as to why you might have some recurrent "splotchy" areas on the sole of your feet. A visual might help, but I doubt that without a hands-on examination and a detailed history of your situation, any real help, educational or otherwise can reasonably be offered to you. Seek out a good podiatrist, and have him/her give it a shot. I again remind the readers that diagnoses for the vast number of foot problems related here cannot reasonably be expected from only the lay description which is typically offered.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

"Seek out a good podiatrist, and have him/her give it a shot". What kind of answer is this? Do podiatrist's take a guess at what the problem is? Are they not medically trained to identify and diagnose foot conditions? What are we paying for if they just give a shot!!!

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Perhaps you never realized it, but all you are always paying a doctor for is to give it his/her best effort within the standards of practice. If you are going to go all squirrelly over my saying, "give it a shot," instead of "give it his/her best effort," then be my guest. If your response is serious, then you have little concept of what the art and science of medicine is all about. There are no guarantees in medicine, and should you find a doctor who will offer you a guarantee of finding a diagnosis or administering a cure, I would suggest you run from him/her as fast as your "splotchy" feet can carry you.