1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Sudden Sharp Pain in Foot/Ankle??? Not sure.

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Today I'm not sure what I did, but I took a step and apparently just stepped wrong. I suddenly felt very sharp pain somewhere in the area behind my right ankle, like behind the boney bulge on the bottom part of my ankle. There is very slight swelling there now, but nothing significant.

So I thought I had just stepped the wrong way and the pain would go away in a few minutes! BOY was I wrong! It's had a dull ache all day and if I step on it wrong or accidentally move it the wrong direction, it hurts really bad and it's sudden and sharp, absolutely no warning that I'm about to take a wrong step.

It feels almost lose, kind of. Not dangling, but as if it's stretched or something. When I step on it wrong, it gives way. I can't tell if I fall because I physically can't put pressure on it or if I'm losing my footing because of the pain, but it just gives way and I bust my butt. That's happened about three times today.

Now my entire foot hurts along the side and on the bottom, towards the outside of my foot, closer to my toes. I'm wondering if this might just be because I've been walking awkwardly in order to avoid hurting my ankle/foot again. Either way, it's gotten so painful I can't really tell where the original pain started until I hurt it again.

So my question is, is this a common, self-healing problem? Does it sound familiar just from what I described? I understand it's impossible to diagnose like this, but just wondering if there might be a very common answer to this. I mean, if it's just a twisted ankle or something that will heal on it's own, I really don't want to take a trip to the doctor.

Thank you!

2. mo7703

mo7703 New Member

Ok, I registered. I <-----, Mo, asked this question. :D

Thank you!

3. mo7703

mo7703 New Member

p.s.: my pinky toe hurts and kind of feels swollen, too.

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

The same thing is happening to me as I type this message. wish I knew what it was...