1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Broken Heels 1.5 Yrs ago.. Feet Still Hurt

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Short story.. I landed flat on my feet from just 2 feet up but cracked both of my heels. I did the rehab thing for several months but my feet always feel hot and achy. The first steps of the day are the sounds of cracking (unless I give my feet a twist in both directions before stepping on them). I tend to pull the toes forward to crack them that way as well. I get a sound from just about all of them. Big toes only sometimes.

Hot, achy and numb all day long. They hurt at night to the point of keeping me awake. I lay in bed for hours just thinking about the pain.

I am talking about both feet. Tops, bottoms, heels and all the way up to the ankles.

I used to have back trouble (several years ago) and I found a doctor who gave me a shot in the back (twice 2 months apart) that was some kind of concoction of pain killers and steroids. Whatever it was, it worked for my back. Is there something like this available for feet as well?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

As with any recommendation for treatment of anything, the first place to start is a diagnosis. Until you have one it is premature to be talking treatment.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I thought I layed everything out for you to see but you come back at me with this? I should have figured.

All doctors want is the money. Thats all I see. They take their co-pay and then I get some extra bill for some test that I must pay extra for in the hundreds of dollars range. I really can't stand it anymore! I can't afford this! That's why I try to stay away from them.

I just said what I feel. There is nothing odd about what my feet look like. The only thing that was found over a year ago was that my heel were cracked but were since healed. I think it was some sort of trauma to the feet as they both slapped hard to the ground. Nerve or tissue damage is very likely. How does anyone tell that? The only thing I can tell you is it HURTS!!!

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

So it is your expectation that all one has to do is offer up a bunch of symptoms and somehow, without so much as seeing, touching or examining your feet, as if by magic, a doctor can come up with both a diagnosis and a treatment? Good luck finding someone who can do THAT whether you pay for it or not. Unreasonable expectations coupled with attitude will get you nowhere, especially when, but NOT because you AREN'T paying.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009