1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Foot pain after falling down stairs

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi,
    About 7 weeks ago i fell down the stairs at work. It seemed as if my foot rolled inwards and crushed down hard causing me to fall down a few stairs. I have been in agony ever since. I have had 2 xrays both within 2 weeks of injury and showed nothing. Having physio twice a week to no avail. The pain seems to be located all the way along the 4th and 5th metatarsals. When manipulated by the physio, the pain is agonising. Very tender and sore on top of foot, along bones, underneath foot and at lower ankle (like a bone below or something).
    The dr seems to think it will heal on its own, but its not getting any better. I am going travelling next year and Im worried because i cant put closed shoes on and can barely walk let alone exercise or run.
    Please help!! :)

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Have you ever gotten any better or figured out what the injury is? I had the same thing happen about 9 months ago and foot Dr. said same thing & I've tried numerous things with no help.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Take a look at the date of the posting, the writer of which to whom you are asking your question. (Dec 14, 2009)

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

OK. I will post again since the last answer was from a wise guy (yes, I know the initial post was 18 months ago, but maybe they, since there seems to be no treatment for this, or someone else, from doing a google search, might look at this site again & have an answer!!!).
    Has ANYONE ever figured out what treatment to do for injuries like this?
    Please no more wise crack answers, only people with any relevant info on what to possibly do besides X-rays, MRI, or saying it could be a deep bone bruise or something else that doesn't show up on these tests that takes months/years to get better.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Have you HAD an x-ray or MRI?? I'm wondering b/c you don't want anyone to suggest that. If you did, wondering what it showed, if you didn't wondering why you don't want one?? None of us has x-ray vision to see inside your ankle or foot!