1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

bone growth on outside of foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    The definition of bunion appears to be a bone growth on the inside of the foot, by the big toe. Are bone growths on the outside of the foot, near the little toe, also bunions? If not, what is the correct term.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Although your definition of a bunion is oversimplified and not in all cases correct, a bunion-like deformity just proximal to the 5th toe is known as a tailor's bunion. The mechanics underlying "standard" bunions and tailor's bunions are not the same, though it may have certain aspects in common.

3. I have a growth on my left foot, next to my little toe and the growth is aprox the size of a quarter, could this be cancer?

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    I suppose that ANY undefined growth COULD be a malignancy, but whether it is or is not is not something that can be answered here or in any forum. As you seem to have concerns, I would highly suggest that you see someone who can examine you and offer you an accurate and responsible answer.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi
    we all know about these ugly lumps on people's feet, but what causes them other than bad shoes? I thought mine were due to injury and bad shoes, ow I developped one half way between my ankle lump and the big toe. Surely that spot has nothing to do with bad shoes, I had no injury there either. So why does the bone create these lumps? Is there too much calcium? What else, it seems to deposit it in lumps. What causes the bone to do this?
    Anyone knows?
    Thank you

6. kmkkit

kmkkit Guest

That is a lot of help huh? I know we laymen do come here to get some answers, as do most people on one thing or another. We are not asking for a diagnosis. We know that it is not possible using the internet. But, a few symptoms and dx's would be helpful. This will not keep anyone from seeking medical attention. If it hurts eventually we will go to seek help. Just my opinion on online medical advice we get.