1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Middle of foot pain after inactivity

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by thomasL, Jun 20, 2009.

1. thomasL

thomasL New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello~ thanks for taking the time to read my message. I have been getting some slight pain from the inside middle section of my foot for the past couple months. The pain comes after waking up or sitting for a period of time. I did some research online and the closest thing I could find was Plantar fasciitis, but my pain isn't coming from the heel of my foot, moreso the middle of the foot where the metatarsals are. When I'm at rest or sitting there is no pain at all, the pain goes away maybe 30 seconds after I start moving. On a scale 1-10 for pain it is 2-3. I hope someone can tell me what this is so I can find proper treatment as I'm currently without insurance =( Thank You for any help, it is much appreciated.

-Thomas

2. JeffM

JeffM Guest

I have recently experienced the same problem, although the pain is across the top of my left foot near the ankle. I had a stress fracture almost a year ago, but have not experienced any pain in the past two months. All my activities recently preceding this latest pain were low-impact and I can think of nothing that may have caused it.

Please let me know if you received a diagnosis since your posting as it may shed some light on my condition.

3. thomasL

thomasL New Member

the pain finally went away about a month ago *knock on wood* I think it took total of about 6 months to recover fully. I never went to a doctor to get it diagnosed but after doing a lot of research online I am pretty sure it was tendonitis. I just rested the foot as much as possible and also when sleeping I would try to keep the foot in a normal position with the least strain possible on the tendon. Stretching the calves also helped. I think prior to the pain I also had been doing quite a bit of low impact exercise such as walking on a steep incline on treadmill. I also stood for long periods of time working (3-4 hrs) so that combination may have caused it.