1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Toe stretching

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by CassandraT, Jul 14, 2008.

1. CassandraT

CassandraT New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    A friend of mine bought this HealthyToes product because she liked the colors and is a nail painting addict.

:p

But she said she grew to like the feeling and did it more often. She thinks it helped her problem feet (too many heels) and suggested I try it (too many heels). My question is, product or no, can toe stretching/spreading really improve anything?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Never heard of the product, so I Googled it and found that healthytoes.com no longer exists. What is it that toe stretching/spreading is supposed accomplish anyhow?

3. CassandraT

CassandraT New Member

What do you mean it doesn't exist? I just went to the healthytoes.com site, it's existing fine. I think there are probably lots of places to get something like it though. My girlfriend just recommended Healthy toes, like I said, because of the colors. And I think she said they were most affordable.

But no matter, I want to know the value of toe-stretching.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

The site must have been down when I tried it yesterday, but having now viewed it, I am still completely in the dark as to what medical claims might be made for it or why it would be useful for anything other than perhaps separating the toes if a woman wishes to apply nail polish to the toenails and not have them clunk together until the polish dries. In my opinion as a podiatrist, I can see absolutely no medical value for this or for toe-stretching in general . . . whatever that might be. But on another site, I see that they are reduced from 34 to only 30 dollars. So maybe if your girlfriend really likes the colors so much, she should stock up while they're so affofdable! You ARE kidding . . aren't you Cassandra? . . at least I HOPE so!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008