1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Cold foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    My left foot has been feeling funny for the last week. It started off with a burning sensation across the top then it became cold. With the burning it also felt numb, like it was frostbitten and was now warming up. A couple of days later, my toes and lower leg felt cold too and my left knee felt stiff. I went to two different doctors and neither of them could tell me what was wrong. I exercise 4 times a week, and my foot feels better when I'm active rather sitting around being idle. I've tried to look online for a possible cause, but was bombarded with endless possibilities. I thought this may have resulted from me hyper-extending my ankle 2-3 weeks ago; however at that time I knew whatever I'd done would not result in a major injury. One doctor thought I might be developing shingles; however I've never had chickenpox as a kid.

I'm clueless as to what's wrong with my foot. Could someone please help me?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Endless possibilities with only blind luck that one might actually pertain to the problem being researched are what one might reasonably expect from such Internet attempts. That is precisely why, even to the sometimes vociferous chagrin of the less reasonable, I won't engage in such wild-goose-chasing here. Only infrequently are symptoms so singularly and dependently characteristic of one condition so as to appropriately make an assertion of a likely diagnosis with only the data available on a forum such as this.

The precise etiology of disorders of sensation are especially often difficult to discern, even with a hands-on evaluation. But without one, such a determination is next to impossible, and the wide range of possibilities makes even an educated guess often tantamount to cruelty, as the responder then often leads the questioner down a completely wrong path. Then again, from the information you've offered. it is even unclear if your foot is actually cold or you simply have the perception of its being so.

It is really terribly unlikely that other than with an in-person encounter with a good doctor will an accurate diagnosis result, and then it is very possible that effective treatment might not be available. Perhaps you need to spend your research time locating a doctor with particularly excellent skills with disorders such as this rather than throwing your questions out for some person of unknown capability to help you. Believe me, you will have no problems on most sites getting feedback . . well intentioned but almost assuredly of little or no value, or so all over the map that you don't have a clue which to pick.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi have you seen any more doctors on your foot problem yet? If so what is there diagnosis. It seems from your description, i have the same problem/