1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Lumps on top of foot, and side of foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by schatze4111, Jun 29, 2009.

1. schatze4111

schatze4111 New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have lumps on the top and side of my left foot, that cause me unbearable pain, if I stand to long they swell up and cause pain to shoot up my leg into my hip and at night It hurts so bad that I can't sleep.
    My doctor, sent me to a foot doctor, who fitted me with inserts, for my shoes
    and they made the pain worse than before. Can you tell me what this problem is, and how to treat it ?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

It would be difficult for me to believe that anyone who was in unbearable pain with lumps on the top and side of the foot, swelling and pain shooting up the leg would be a candidate for simply "inserts." What was it that the foot doctor offered to you as a diagnosis, and what were the "inserts" supposed to do to correct or treat it? Don't just say that your weren't told, as it is not reasonable for someone with the extensive complaints which you claim not to have asked. I would have no idea as to what might be your problem or how to treat it, but I bet that with an examination I would.

3. schatze4111

schatze4111 New Member

Thank you for your reply, in reply, my HMO Doctor did not know, he tryed to put a neddle in to with draw Liq. which there was none, The foot Doctor, said I was walking wrong, and the inserts would correct that, I used them for a LONG time, and they only made the pain more un bareable. I finely retired early at 62, But I cant just sit around all day doing nothing, to try to prevent, being in pain. So when I ran across you web site
    I thought, maybe I could get answer to, what is causing these lumps,and the pain that I am having from them. Thank you again; Pat S

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

I have to wonder if your podiatrist might not be in the habit of prescribing "inserts" for just about all complaints. Unfortunately, that is not uncommon. In several decades of practice, I cannot personally recall seeing anyone with the list of complaints you offered whose diagnosis was "walking wrong." I'm sure that if they had been an item covered by insurance he could have come up with a better diagnosis than that. But without a specific diagnosis it is unreasonable to prescribe "inserts," or institute ANY specific treatment. I would recommend that you see a better-vetted podiatrist.