1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

sharp foot pain...help!

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by cyan, Sep 14, 2008.

1. cyan

cyan Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I've never had problems with my feet other than an occassional ankle sprain plying sports in high school. I'm still a young guy (31) and about 2 weeks ago this sharp pain started in both my feet - it feels like it runs lengthwise from my toes to my ankle and it most painful first thing in the morning when I get out of bed. Sometimes I can even feel it up into my lower legs - a sort of tingling soreness. Any thoughts???

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    As with so many questions, there is really not enough definitive information here to make any meaningful judgment, so I must seize on the couple of morsels offered. Although you haven't given any indication that the pain is generated within a joint, and arthritic pain is generally more dull and persistent rather than sudden and sharp, first thing in the morning pain or pain after resting is often consistent with osteoarthritis. But tingling is most often associated with disorders of or pressure on nerves.

As is generally the case, other than simply indicating some areas which might be considered if and when you see a doctor, such information which I am able to responsibly offer is not that which you might reasonably act upon on your own. I would think, though, that if your situation is sufficiently troubling to you to have precipitated an Internet search and inquiry, that it is also worthy of a doctor visit for at least a diagnosis. Once you have a reasoned diagnosis, I will be happy to discuss it further and review the generally accepted principles of treatment.

3. uttam mehta

uttam mehta Guest

as per the knowledge available, u can applt aloe-vera foot cream for 15 days on regular interval

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

What possible rationale would there be for using aloe vera cream for the sort of complaint offered by the questioner?

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have the same thing happening and i am only 43 years old.
    the medical term is PLANTAR FASCIITIS, pls look on webside for this go to;
    www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis or google the above words.
    Its exactly what you discribe and in short, nerves in your foot and spurs in your heel.
    get worse over time, so do something about it now, i have it for a year now.
    see websites about this. good luck

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009