1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Pain base 5th metatarsal

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi

In September I was on holidays and I banged the outside of my right foot on a pretty solid table. It was quite painful at the time and I remeber thinking when I did it did I break my foot. But the initial pain subsided in a few hours and I just remeber discomfort more than anything. Then on my way home whilst waiting for my flight I was walking a bit of a distance through an airport and was thinking how much my foot hurt. After arriving home and over the next 8 weeks the pain in my foot got worse to the point of severe excrusiating stabbing pains after walking on it for an hour or 2. I have had an ultrasound, x-ray and two mri's which show nothing. Im waitng to see the orthopedic doctor again to show him the results of thesecond mri but I have seen them and there is no sign of anything wron. When I went to visit the ortho for the first time he could see I was in pain and have a lump at the base of my 5th metatarsal he gave me a boot to wear. I have wore it for 4 weeks now and the pain has definitley reduced 30 to 40%. It has cost me nearly $1000 to get this far only to be none the wiser. Has anyone else had this experience or have any insight to share, I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks