1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Bruised foot but no injury

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by NSCOTT, Nov 21, 2010.

1. NSCOTT

NSCOTT New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have NOT injured mt foot recently, but have a bruise that is contnuously there from my last two toes and goes all the way down the outside of my foot to under my ankle an my right foot. I have no pain or swelling, but the bruise remains for over 2 months. Any suggestions as to a cause??

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

The skin discoloration generally associated with a bruise is due to blood and blood products seeping into the superficial layers of the skin. Such blood seepage can be the result of vessel rupture or organ or tissue injury, whether acute or chronic, which allows blood to flow from it into the adjacent tissues. The site of the discoloration is not necessarily the same as the site of injury, as gravity is the major factor in where it appears. What might be the cause of your problem, whether it is actually a bruise as you assert or something else could only be determine by examination, history and evaluation.

3. NSCOTT

NSCOTT New Member

I have made a doc appointment. Thank you!