1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Re: Topaz surgery

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I had the topaz surgery on July 1, 2008 for a chronic case of heel pain (plantar fasciitis). It has been 7 weeks since the surgery and I still have post-operative swelling in the plantar fascia. I ice it down about 3X a day and try to keep it elevated as well. Please comment if you had this procedure and how long it took your plantar fascia swelling to go down.

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I had shock wave therapy on June 30, 2008 and I still have swelling in the PF. I go to physical therapy 3 times a week. Although I have improved some....I am going to have to have Topaz surgery soon but was told to let the swelling go down some more from the shockwave before attemptime Topaz. It has been 12 weeks since my Shock Wave Treatment....and I am still waiting for my foot to be ready for the Topaz.

I am a teacher and with this pain decided to take the Fall semester off of school. I didn't really know what else to do because the pain is so great that I would have been irritable with the students because of my foot pain and I would have been in too much pain to get around. Quite frankly I don't know how I will feel in January. I just hope all this brings about some relief of pain.

Deanna

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I had topaz surgery last June on my left foot and it is still not healed all the way. It is tight just on the inside of my arch. It is getting better, very little pain but it is very, very slow. I had topaz on my right foot just last November (08) and since it has been only 4 months the pain is still pretty intense. My doc thinks I am just a slow healer. Wow, if it could go any slower, I'd go crazy! I've been told my many people that it will take at least a year for feet to heal. Well, I'm going on 9 months (with my left foot) and I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel. I now it's hard but be patient, do what your doc tells you to so you don't have a relapse and it will get better.

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I (41yof) had Topaz to both my feet two weeks ago 3-31-09 to treat my PF. The right foot is doing well and was the worst foot before the surgery. The left foot (heal) is still painful. I have been off from work the last 2 weeks and trying to be good to my feet so that they will heal. I had my post op appt with my Dr. yesterday. We talked about the pain in the Left heal. He thinks it created more of an inflammatory response than normal and will take time to heal .He asked me if it felt like nerve pain and I said no since I am not familiar with what foot nerve pain feels like. Tonight I rubbed the inside of my left foot near my ankle and got a twinge in that heal/. I am now wondering if the nerve might be involved. I go back in two weeks for another follow up. My podiatrist also recommended that I wear a shoe called MBT. I have purchased two pair from Ebay and they are the BOMB!!!! What a wonderful shoe!!! I had to buy them a half size larger than my normal size for a proper fit. I was told that the whole purpose of Topaz it to air rate the fascia, create the inflammatory response forcing my foot to heal it's self. No icing the site, and No Motrin (NSAIDs). I will follow up on my progess in two weeks.

5. GrahamW

GrahamW Guest

Hi - how did it result?

6. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

The poster to whom you are addressing this question last posted a year ago. Would you honestly think it reasonable for him/her to be still perusing this site for a response, and if he/she were nuts enough to be doing that, would you think him/her the sort of person whose opinion you'd wish to trust?

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I had topaz surgery in December 2009 - no swelling, but my plantar fasciitis caused by a heel spur has not been eliminated. I am in an much pain/discomfort as I was one year ago. It is now 6 months post-topaz and the only time I have no pain is when I walk barefoot in the yard.