1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

tendon damage - advice needed

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I hurt my foot about 3 years ago whilst playing football. It was very painful for a while, I couldn't wear heels for about 3 months and it took about a year to heal properly.
    In January this year I was doing zumba and it 'went' again. I went to a doctor immediately who was useless. I made another appointment with a different doctor when it wasn't feeling much better after another 2 weeks. He said that he thinks I've damaged/hurt my tendon that runs down my leg and attaches to the fifth metatarsel (when he pressed the area it really hurt). He sent me for an xray to rule out a stress fracture and the xray came back clear. He said I need to see a physiotherapist and am still waiting for an appointment!
    I haven't been given much guidance so that I can help myself. If I walk gently for only an hour my foot is in so much pain that I have to treat it with hot/cold compressess.
    Can you advise me as to what I should be doing to help my situation.