1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

calluses and [pain in heel area]

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by gail lo, Jul 19, 2008.

1. gail lo

gail lo Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    what causes the sensaton of "tiny pins" sticking in you heels when you first get up, moving around the bottom edge and back of your heel area?, and... I'm using Dr. Scholls liguid to remove a calluse on the ball of my feet- my question is "will this liquid destroy the "good" skin if used too much-{ salicylic acid ]?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

I have no comments regarding the "tiny pins" sensation in your heels, but it is indeed possible for so-called callus remover liquids containing salicylic acid to cause damage to healthy, living, non-callous tissue, even to the extent of tissue destruction. If you suspect that to be the case, it should be considered a potential for serious infection, and you should see a podiatrist immediately.