1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Fractured Toes Now Toenail Rwmoval

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I fractured my big toe and second from dropping a heavy pan four weeks ago. I had to wait a day to get into the podiatrist and forced myself to stuff my foot into a steel toe shoe so not miss work. Needless to say it was a poor decision and paid for it. I was advised to wear a soft shoe but work has a steel toe requirement and I could not take the off chance my pay would get denied. I had a semi sit down restriction. Fast forward 4 weeks later I noticed my nai on my big toel was bothering me.
    I had been going to get my toes taped between and he noticed took I had a sub hematoma under nail after removing polish and it was starting to leak fluid. I ended up having the nail removed right then. I can't get an enclosed shoe on let alone a steel toe. My toe hits steel toe every time I walk a step and pain is unbearable. My work can not accomdate me with the steel toe shoe. I was put off work for two weeks and given a antibiotic. I think this sounds reasonable but was wondering what normal protocol is for healing time. I do have a few minor healrh isssues such pernicious anemia and low iron.