1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Circulation problem after ankle injury

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    2 weeks ago I hurt my ankle, there was bruising and swelling, but the x-rays showed no fracture. The pain and bruising is minimal at this point, but the past couple days I've been having what I can only assume are circulation problems. After showering the other night I realized my toes were blue. I immediately elevated the foot and attmpted to curl my toes, which resulted in a spasm of the toes and a pain through my foot and ankle (and now my ankle is very tender to the touch) Every shower since has resulted in blue toes. Tonight I noticed that my foot and ankle felt like ice, even though the rest of my leg and other foot were normal temp. I feel like the ankle is healing but my circulation is getting worse. Is this something that will go away or should I make an appointment with my dr?

2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Super Moderator

Generally, things like this do go away; but I do suggest you get to a physical therapist and get some rehab for the ankle; this should also help the circulation issues, as it is possible that the "swelling" is somehow impairing the circulation.