1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Accesory navicular surgery pain

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by 11111footpain, Apr 10, 2014.

1. 11111footpain

11111footpain New Member

Hello!
    I'm 13 but I was 11 when my foot started
    to hurt. I complained to my parents and I also was "blessed" with severes disease ( something with the heel) so every doctor missed my accesory navicular! Finally a woman diagnosed it and gave me a boot for the whole summer. After I got the boot off it felt better. Then my second basketball practice I got in the car and told my mom. We went to the doctor who gave me orthodics AGAIN. All they did was cut my feet. I finished the season with excruciating pain. Finnaly when I couldn't walk the doctor said surgery was a big option. Funny story... So my mom told them we would think about it and so we walked out to the car. I was fuming that I wouldn't be able to get my foot better and my mom said " how about two weeks?" I was confused "what?"
    "The surgery"
    "We're actually doing that"
    "Yea..."
    "No thanks"
    I was petrified... It took the whole car ride to school for my mom to convince me. Of course it was the prospect of missing school and all the bully's for a few days that ultimately made up my mind :). Anyway I got the surgery last June. It went great. I was casted for 6 weeks then booted then walking boot and lots of PT. It was rough and starting soccer in the fall was painful. Anyway it went good and I decided to have my other foot done to eliminate that pain.
    Now here's my questions.
    The surgery didn't go great. I was casted for 7 weeks and it took me 7 weeks to get out of the boot. My physical therapists think I don't work hard enough to recover but I do! I push myself to the point I cry. I got the surgery November 23 it April 10 why am I still in pain? Is that normal? Should the pain be worse then before the surgery this far out? Why does my arch hurt? Why does the left side of my heel (left foot) hurt to the point if I twist it that way I cry? Is my incision supposed to still be hyper-sensitive? Also I was cleared for soccer but after playing one game it was a mess I couldn't walk for days and I'm in so much pain again ( like I was five weeks after the surgery) should I keep playing? What should I tell my parents? Also will my foot ever be normal? Does the surgery pain ever go away? Can I ever play sports pain free again? Has this happened to you guys? Is this Normal? Has the surgery ever not worked?
    Thanks❤️ please comment I'm worried and it hurts badly.