1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Constant foot pain

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have constant foot pain from the middle of my foot up my heal. When I walk my gait is off, as tho I am almost draging my foot. Or walking paddle foot.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

There is clearly not enough information offered here to draw any meaningful conclusions, even at to whether your abnormal gait is, in fact, associated with your pain, especially as I assume "constant" pain would mean that the foot is painful even when not ambulating. It is unclear to me as to what exactly you mean by "dragging your foot," but I am making the guess that if it is associated with what you are terming "paddle foot," which I assume means picking the foot up and placing it flat on the ground with the next step without the motions normal involved in the gait cycle where there is heel strike, followed by full foot weight bearing, followed by toe-generated push off, you may well have a neurological or neuromuscular condition, such as but not limited to drop foot. Any further commentary on your problem would require a more defininative description, but while general impressions might be forthcoming in a forum venue, diagnosis would require an extensive hands-on evaluation. Again, the pain may or may not be associated with the abnormal gait.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

The pain is all of the time, no matter if I am on the foot or not. To touch to skin on the bottom of the heal there is very little feeling. The pain is deep inside. And yes when I put my foot down when walking there is no rocking motion from heel to toe.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    You still haven't clarified to my understand as to exactly what you mean by "dragging the foot." The fact that you obviously have at least a sensory deficit and mention no trauma, infection or inflammation which might account for pain off of weight-bearing, I would still be left with thinking it a good possibility that you have either a neurological or neuro-muscular problem. I would think it a waste of your effort and possibly valuable time to try to obtain your diagnosis on the Internet. You need to have a real diagnosis, which can only be achieved by traditional face to face interaction with a doctor . . very possibly a neurologist.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I guess what I mean is not entirely pick up the foot and putting it down. But thanks for your imput. As soon as I get insurance I am going to the Doc and see what is going on. My problem is with the left foot. In 2001 I broke the right foot, After 4 months it would not heal so surgery was done after 6 weeks it still would not heal so I was put on a bone growth stimulator. It did finaly heal. I was on crutches for 7 months. So I don't understand the left foot problem.