1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Aching Pain when standing; Podiatrist says it is how I stand/walk

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by LLedge, Apr 20, 2014.

1. LLedge

LLedge New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have been suffering from chronic foot pain for the last 9 months, and had no idea why or what to do about it. I tried many different store bought orthopedics, but nothing helped. I was finally able to get health care and see a podiatrist recently.

He is 95% sure that the pain I am suffering from is a result of me over-pronating when I stand/walk. He has suggested special orthopedics for me, and I am waiting to see if I can get those. I believe that is what he called it. Specifically, my problem is that I stand and walk with my feet pointed too far out. However, he really didn't tell me how I can fix the problem and stop the pain. I have walked and stood the same say for 18 years, so it isn't something I can just change.

What can I do about this pain? How do I fix this problem?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  2. LLedge

LLedge New Member